HOT Rally FAQ
Got a question that’s not answered here? Submit it in the comment section below or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
What do I need to bring?
Glad you asked! We’ve put together a packing checklist for you!
- Maps: print them if you need hard copies. Otherwise you can always access GPS coordinates and linked maps from your smartphone. We will get maps ready for rides as needs be, but these will all be on trails.
- Your favorite bike / trike / tandem — ready to ride! There is not going to be much available time for last-minute service from the Easy Street staff — the shop remains open during the entire event.
- FLASH! We want you to participate in the Fashion Parade on Saturday. Choose your category: Fabulously Fashionable or Wild, Weird, and Wonderful. Dress up your trike as well as yourself.
- Your HELMET. Safety third.
- Along those lines, bike lights — you might want to ride off to a restaurant Friday or Saturday night.
- Ride and lounge clothing: check the weather and choose wisely! As of Feb. 18, the weather is looking great. YAY!
- Ride nutrition: water bottle / bladder, sports drink, and snacks for our UNSUPPORTED rides.
- Sunblock and / or umbrella for outdoor activities.
- Rain gear — just in case!
- Camera for preserving all your fun times with new friends. Don’t forget to share on Facebook or email your photos to Easy Street’s Minister of Culture.
- Lawn chairs: just keep them in your car for various group events throughout the weekend.
- Cowbell / Noise Maker for Saturday’s Rodeo.
- Money for extra Raffle Tickets: support charitable organizations and win some really great prizes from our sponsors!! Cash and checks are encouraged for raffle ticket purchase, but credit card purchase will be available … we don’t want anything to stand in your way!
- Shopping list to use at Easy Street for all your recumbent gadget needs.
I’d love some keepsakes from the Rally but I’m not the best photographer. Where can I find great photos?
We will post amateur photos on our Facebook page real-time throughout the weekend: feel free to post yours there too!
Where do I stay during the HOT rally?
Please visit the Housing page for information about different lodging options.
Can I park my RV at Easy Street?
Unfortunately, NO! The parking situation at Easy Street is not conducive to hosting RVs and other large vehicles. Please visit the Housing page for a list of suggested RV/camping sites and leave your feedback in a comment at the bottom of the page!
Can I bring my pet to the HOT rally?
Of course! Pets are welcome at the HOT rally, especially those who ride with their owners. Visit the Housing page for pet-friendly hotel suggestions. Please obey leash laws during the HOT rally for the safety of your pet and other attendees.
Do you rent out recumbent bikes / trikes for the weekend?
We can rent some trikes for the weekend. Contact the Austin shop.
Why is attendance limited?
The HOT Recumbent Rally and Rodeo is such an awesome event, and we want all our friends in the recumbent community to join us! However, for the safety and enjoyment of everyone who attends, at this time we simply cannot logistically grow attendance indefinitely. Therefore, if you don’t want to miss it, you need to register EARLY. The number of tickets remaining is displayed clearly on the Registration page. If you snooze, you will lose out on being able to participate.
I need more social media in my life. Where can I follow the latest HOT Happenings?
The HOT Rally is on Facebook! You’re quite welcome to join us, submit your own photos from the event, and share any thoughts you have about the Rally. Links to new Blog posts and other updates will be posted there often.
My plans have changed and I need to cancel. How do I do that?
Email Rebecca to let her know your need to cancel and she’ll start the process!
Really, it’s all true!