The T-Tris is evolved from AZUB’s original production trike, built without rear suspension. It was designed for durability and cornering. You will find most of the same features of the Tricon here, but for a lot less.
The T-Tris is a great way to enjoy the quality features inherent in AZUB’s designs, such as the range of seat sizes, wide adjustability, and refined handling.
Our Price: Varies greatly by spec, but from $3000 to $5200 covers most choices.
The T-Tris 26 is the fastest and the most affordable trike we have on offer. It, too, has a stiff frame with minimum flex while riding, and accurate steering. The T-Tris 26 shares the same geometry and other important technical solutions with its siblings, like the AZUB Ti-FLY or TRIcon. Even the rear part of the frame is designed and made so as to make the rider feel confident in steering through even the sharpest bends. The 26” rear wheel gives a slightly better feeling of comfort. For the more sport-minded cyclists, the fact that the trike is faster on flats may also play a role.
The simple F2F (Fold-to-Flat) folding system doesn’t require much strength and makes transporting and storing the tricycle pure joy. It takes less than a minute to remove the seat and fold the frame in half, and because it doesn’t have to be lifted much, it can be easily folded and unfolded even by people are not that strong. Though, the same goes for all our tricycles anyway. Greatly admired is also the big red handle operating the main folding mechanism, which not only has a nice industrial look, but also makes the whole folding manoeuvre much easier. And the precisely adjustable folding handlebars are just as exquisite.
Thanks to the 26” rear wheel it was easier for us to select the right components and combine them to 100% satisfaction to make your riding experience truly remarkable. After all, a 26” wheel is more common in the world of cycling, therefore there is a much wider range of parts that we in AZUB can use when building it for you and that you yourself can use to improve your trike at a later date.
A 26” rear wheel copes better with going through or over bumps so it is therefore a little bit more comfortable. Also, some people prefer the overall look and today, the 26” rear wheel concept is simply trendy. On the T-tris 26, we also managed to create a very stiff rear with minimum flex which provides exceptional riding properties, a highly valued feature in all AZUB tricycles.
For a discussion of parts specs, see our shopping help page
Boring technical specs from AZUB follow, along with our interesting comments.
Frame & Geometry
Who fits on it, where it fits.
- WHEELS: 2 x 20″ in front, 20″ or 26″ rear
Choose a 20″ for compactness and maneuverability, 26″ for speed
- STEERING: indirect
Lighter steering action but less self-centering
- FRAME: Aluminum, Hand welded in Czech
And they’re damn proud of it. Nor are they afraid to put on quaint old-world clothes and ride these things around either.
- WELD: TIG method
Complicated way of saying this is not cheap crap.
- SEAT: Aluminum, mesh cover with passive suspension, unisize
“passive suspension” reflects the full-sling seat design which is common to most recumbent trikes
- OVERALL WIDTH: 835 mm
- TRACK WIDTH: 755 mm
- OVERALL HEIGHT: 715 mm – 840 mm (depends on seat position)
- OVERALL LENGTH: On 26″, 1860 mm – 2110 mm (depends on boom position). On 20″, 1690 mm – 1940 mm (depends on boom position)
- WHEEL BASE: 1200 mm (26″), 1050mm (20″)
- GROUND CLEARANCE: On 26″: 110 mm (1,5″ tyres). On 20″, 105 mm (1,5″ tyres)
- SEAT BOTTOM HEIGHT: 315 mm – 345 mm (depends on seat position)
A high seat adapter is available to raise the seat 2″ (50mm).
- SEAT ANGLE ADJUST: 34 – 52 degrees
- BOTTOM BRACKET HEIGHT: On 26″, 400 mm – 450 mm (depends on boom position). On 20″, 390 mm – 440 mm (depends on boom position)
- MAX LOAD (RIDER + LUGGAGE): 125 kg
- MAX TYRE WIDTH: 60 mm
- OVERALL WEIGHT: depending on components and accessories
We’ll try to get this important figure filled in with an estimate
- FOLDED WIDTH: 835 mm (650 mm without front wheels and mudguards)
- FOLDED LENGTH: min. 1080 mm (26″), 920 mm (20″)
- FOLDED HEIGHT: 490 mm, or 310 mm without front wheels (varies by boom position)