The VTX is built for speed: low, long, narrow in track, optimized for aerodynamics. It is several pounds lighter than the Catrike 700, using a carbon fiber shell seat with an innovative system of pads that allow for better airflow under the back and an adjustable recline. The VTX does not fold, but it can be broken down for transport and shipping. Titanium front axles are an option. The hydroformed frame has a chiseled, muscular look, a lot like your legs will after you’ve taken your VTX for a few good runs.
Like the 700, this trike isn’t for everyone. The design reflects an uncompromising pursuit of speed which might fit the paradigm of the road racing cyclist who is only a part of Easy Street’s diverse clientele. If speed is what you want, and you want it on 3 wheels, then you should try a VTX. You might like that shell seat more than you think, or not.
Our price: depends on spec, but generally $4,600 to $5,900
A perfect blend of performance, dynamic handling and comfort coupled with stunning looks and detailing to create the ultimate trike. With the lowest seating position of all our trikes, the VTX delivers superior performance guaranteed to put a smile on your face.
Frame & Geometry
Who fits on it, where it fits.
- Width 29.5″ (750mm)
- Height 26.92″ (684mm)
Depending on seat recline
- Length 78.5″-88″ (1994mm-2235mm)
- Seat positioning 6.5″ high, 25 – 32 degrees angle adjust
It’s a long ways down…
- Turning circle 18′ (5.5m)
That’s a lot, but this is for going fast in a straight line
- Rider weight limit 230lbs (104kg)
- Overall weight (from) 29lbs (13.1kg)
This varies depending on components.
- Rider size range 37″- 48″ (940-1219mm)
This is how you know if you’ll fit the trike. See our discussion here.
- Track width 27.5″ (700mm)
- Wheel base 48.03″-49.21″ (1220mm-1250mm)
- Ground clearance (ride height adjusted) 2.69″ (68.5mm)
- Brakes — Disk brakes only, either the excellent Avid BB7 mechanical disk or the lightweight and powerful Tektro Auriga hydraulic.
- Rear gearing — Choose between 10- or 11-speed cassette
- Shifters — Bar end only, aluminum or carbon
- Crankset & Front Derailer — Triple crankset available for 10-speed, double available for 11-speed.
- Seat — Air Pro shell seat for speed, available in fiberglass or carbon fiber construction.
- Parking Brake — A simple Velcro straps or a disk brake on the rear wheel with a special lever.
- Tyres — British trikes all come with tyres, not tires. A wide selection of skinny tires are available.
Back to Product page
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.