- This event has passed.
Glamping under a Full Moon!
November 3, 2017 @ 9:00 pm - November 5, 2017 @ 6:00 pm UTC+6Cost: See below
Mike Librik, owner of Easy Street, has a vision. It includes a group of friendly recumbent riders (families, friends, upright riders are all welcome) who join us for a weekend of fun that includes socializing, eating, riding, and … well, keep reading!
REGISTER ON Bike Reg for this event!
Easy Street sets up Operations Central in Midway Mini Cabins 17-18. We have also rented the adjacent Group Dining Hall as a central socializing, eating, and gathering place for Saturday, 9 a.m. – 9 p.m. Y’all call in to their reservations number, 830-257-5392 or 830-257-7300 (speak to Jackie if possible) and reserve a campsite, a mini-cabin, or an RV site nearby (and reservations appear to be wide open at the moment). Our suggestions would be:
Mini Cabins #19-23 (around the Dining Hall) or #9-16. (Cabins sleep 4 in bunk beds, but you can have up to 6 people per cabin site.)
RV sites according to your preferences. They have Full Hookups (50/30 amps), Full Hookups (30 amps), and sites with water and electric, no sewer.
Reservations are very reasonably-priced and, if you cancel at least 48 hrs in advance, the cancellation fee is only $20.
Check-in time for the Mini-Cabins is 3:00 p.m. For everyplace else it is noon.
Proposed Schedule of Activities:
* Afternoon: Arrive and get settled.
* Evening: Meet up and ride the 4-mile paved trail into Kerrville for dinner (not included in the event price) at a local restaurant. That restaurant will probably be Mamacita’s which is located very near the town-end of that trail. Ride back under an almost full moon. (Actual full moon is Sat.)
* Morning: Meet up for a breakfast prepared by Easy Street. Get ourselves organized for the day.
The more adventuresome will head out to discover the unpaved trails within the Park; off-roading on a recumbent–exciting!
Others may choose to ride the approximately 5 miles of paved Park trails or … choose your own experience of the Park or other local activities.
* Afternoon: Choose your adventure! This may be the time that a group rides a nearby rural road that is beautiful and little-traveled, or you may want to explore the town of Kerrville, or you may want to go hiking, or you may want to play on the Guadalupe River. If renting a kayak appeals to you, I would recommend you call Paddle Kerrville and make arrangements with them in advance. These are all possibilities and we will provide a more complete list of suggestions as well.
* Evening: We all join up and gather ’round the Easy Street grill for burgers, weenies, the ‘fixins, and drinks. We would ask you folks to bring potluck dishes to share, e.g. salads, beans, casseroles, vegies, desserts. (The Dining Hall has a couple of microwaves and will be available to us 9:00 a.m.-9:00 p.m., Sat. There is no stove or oven, however, so keep that in mind.)
We are figuring we will all have stories to share from our day’s adventures and what better way to do that than over dinner and by a campfire. However, if there is interest in Mike giving a Tech Talk, we can make that happen this evening or maybe Sunday after breakfast.
* Wake up to another Easy Street breakfast. Visit. We might squeeze in another organized ride, we’ll see. Check-out time is noon.
If you have other ideas for planned activities you’d like to see happen, let us know. We are open at this point.
We are asking for $35.00/person (less for children) for the weekend to help us re-coup some of our costs for the 2 meals and the Dining Hall rental, but MAINLY we want you to come! So, call the Park and pay for your reservations, let me know who you are, and I will put you on a list of attendees and keep you posted as details are worked out. email@example.com