Two years in production and highly anticipated, the Catrike Dumont has arrived. This trike truly has it all and, typical to Catrike, it is the best equipped and lowest cost trike in its class. It is a fully suspended trike, meaning it has suspension on all three wheels. It is hard to speak comparatively about the Dumont’s suspension if you aren’t familiar with other systems (see about ICE trike’s suspended models and the AZUB Ti-Fly).
Notably, the Dumont’s suspension isn’t for mountain biking. This is a road-going sports trike and the Catrike’s innovative design stays true to that. It will carve into turns and lean the frame with it. The front of the frame lifts in hard braking, improving braking power. It isn’t the smoothest over a speed bump, but it is the smoothest over chip seal, when misguided TXDoT engineers come and screw up your formerly perfect cycling route. It comes stock with the excellent RockShox Monarch rear suspension, the rear wheel rolling on a sturdy 12mm thru axle for a solid feel in hard cornering. This along will all the usual Catrike extras, great components, and color choices, all for hundreds less than other baseline fully suspended trikes. Pair the Dumont with a Bosch election assist for a truly sublime trike.
A detail of the Dumont’s innovative front suspension. Yes, someone did install that disk rotor backwards.
We love selling Catrike!
Our price (subject to change): $4,150
All-new folding, fully suspended Catrike with a 26″ rear wheel. The silky-smooth riding characteristics and responsive handling, makes it perfect choice for any excursion
Boring technical specs from Catrike follow, with our interesting comments:
Frame & Geometry
Who fits on it, and where it fits.
- Wheel Base - 45.5 in
the shorter this is the tighter it turns
- Wheel Track - 29.5 in
distance between the centers of the front tires
- Total Width - 32.5 in
how wide of a door you can get it through, but we can show you how to finagle it through a narrower one.
- Folded Width - 32.2 in
- Total Length - 82 in
at middle adjustment... actual length depends on your leg length
- Folded Length - 45.25 in
- Seat Angle - 42-49 deg
- Weight - 43 lbs
out the door weight, including all parts and standard accessories
- Seat Height - 10 in
the distance between your patootie and the street
- Seat Width - 14 in
- BB Height - 16.5 in
this is the height of crankset, or the pedaling assembly
- Ground Clearance - 4 in
if your kid brother is wider than this do not try to run him over
- Total Height - 28 in
check the overhead height of your storage or transport compartment...
adjustable seats can be folded down, does not consider neckrest
- Height w/ seat folded - 26.5 in
- Folded Height - 25 in
- Turning Circle - 18 ft
- Turning Radius - 9 ft
- Rider Weight Limit - 275 lbs
- Rider X-Seam Range - 39/46 in
This is how you know if you'll fit the trike. See our discussion here.
If you are in the top 2" you'll need an XL boom for an extra $25.
All good quality but not fancy.
- Brakes - Avid BB7 Disc Brakes
the best cable-operated disk brakes on the market
- Brake Levers - Catrike locking Brake Levers
A simple and elegant parking brake system
- Front Derailleur - Microshift Triple
a brand you've never heard of, but a very reliable derailer
- Rear Derailleur - SRAM GX 10 Speed
wide range, smooth action, with a special doo-hickey that makes rear wheel removal easier.
- Shifters - SRAM 500 TT Bar End Shifter
a simple and basic bar end shifter
- Crankset - FSA Gossamer Pro Triple
light and stiff, with a shorter than ordinary 165mm crank arm that is better for recumbents
- Bottom Bracket - FSA Road MegaExo
this is a part that consumers rarely ever think about
- Chainrings - 30/39/52
wide range gearing with the ability to go much lower in gear
- Chain Guard - FSA Guard
a free accessory from Catrike that makes your cycling easier
- Cassette - SRAM 11/36 10 Speed
wide range gearing
- Chain - KMC
good quality stuff
- Idler - TerraCycle Sport Power Idler 15T
a subtle consideration of quality
- Headsets - FSA Zero Stack
another part you probably never think about
- Front Tires - 406 Schwalbe Marathon Racer
better than your standard stock tire
- Rear Tire - 559 Schwalbe Marathon Racer
better than your standard stock tire
- Air Shock - SRAM Monarch R Adjustable Pressure
a good quality, tunable rear suspension
Cool stuff that is built in
- Padded Seat - Cushion sticks on to the seat mesh for extra comfort.
- Ergonomic adjustable seat back - choose a recline angle that's right for you.
- Roller wheels for rolling when folded - let's you move the folded trike without picking it up
- Padded wrist rest - another comfortable point of contact with your ride
- Rear Fender - Keeps the mud off your back. This isn't about riding in the rain, this is about riding after the rain.
- Flag Mount & Flag - Not a really fancy flag, but free
- Mirrycle Rear View Mirror - A quality bicycle mirror, left side. Comes with free mirror mount that serves as a good place to mount a cycling computer as well.
- Multi Purpose Clipless Pedals - So many brands don't even supply pedals with their trikes. Catrike gives you a good pair. You will want some kind of foot retention on a trike.
- Computer Sensor Mount - This doo-hickey lets you count front wheel rotations to measure your speed and distance
- Locking Brake Levers for Parking - Both brake levers have a button that locks the lever down so your trike won't roll away.
- No Brake Steer - Well, kinda. You can brake fairly hard on just one front wheel without fishtailing. Don't push it.
- Self Centering - You can pick your nose using both hands and your trike won't drive off the road.
- Ackerman Steering Compensation - Their way of saying their trikes handle real nice.
- Structural Front Boom - The boom is the nose of the frame, up where the pedals are. It is subject to flex under pedaling force, but Catrike adds internal structure to the boom to resist this.
- Quick-Release Indexing Boom Clamp - Makes leg length adjustment easier.
- Aluminium Rod Ends - The steering rod has ball joints on its ends, and those are made of aluminum to save weight.
- Low Friction PTFE Flared Chain Tube - The chain runs through some tubes to protect the frame and your pants, and that tube is slick to resist friction.
Back to Product page
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.