The ICE Adventure is a high-sitting trike with a range of more upright seat positions, the Adventure is a mobile throne on which you can patrol your domain. Set up with full suspension this is the most luxurious of the “casual trikes” that we offer. All Adventure models fold. The original design idea of this trike was for off-road touring, toting a tent and supplies back into the woods.
You have many choices in setting up an Adventure. You can choose either a 20″ wheel for compactness, strength and maneuverability. This is the classic form of this trike. Only recently has ICE offered a 26″ rear wheel for it, for those wanting access to higher speeds. Rear suspension is available for both wheel sizes.
With its high seat this is a good choice for riders with creaky knees. If it isn’t high enough you can elevate the seat using an accessory. Be aware that too high a seat makes a trike tippy!
See below for some idea of the range of component spec, since it is extensive.
Our price: depends on spec, but generally $4,200 to $7,200
Enjoy the relaxed pace of recumbent riding on the beautifully designed Adventure. With its high and accessible seating position, rugged looks, and ride capabilities, the Adventure is primed to cruise the open road, discover hidden trails, and explore new horizons. ICE’s heritage of innovation and development combine to produce a trike that is beautifully engineered, rides like a dream, and offers practical features for everyday use. All trikes in the ICE Adventure range are built on an optimised ICE frame featuring Compact Flat Twist Fold, No Brake Steer, Rider Positioning System, and wide range gearing.
Frame & Geometry
Who fits on it, where it fits.
- Overall width 32.5″(825mm)
wider cockpit available on the Adventure HD
- Folded width 32.5″(825mm)
- Overall height 29.5″ – 31.5″(750mm – 800mm)
Depending on 20 or 26 inch rear wheel.
- Folded height 22.1″-28″(560mm-710mm)
- Overall length 65″-73.6″(1650mm-1870mm)
- Folded length 35.4″-42.5″(900mm-1080mm)
- Seat height 12.2″(310mm)
A seat height extender is available as an accessory
- Seat dimensions 15″(380mm) wide, 9.8″(250mm) deep
- Seat angle adjust 38 – 51 degrees
- Turning circle 15’7″(4.8m)
- Rider weight limit 275lbs(125kg)
Higher weight capacity available on the Adventure HD
- Overall weight (from) 36.2lbs(16.5kg)
This varies greatly depending on components and suspension options.
- Rider ex-seam range 37″ – 50″ (940mm – 1207mm)
This is how you know if you’ll fit the trike. See our discussion here.
- Track width 29.5″(750mm)
- Wheel base 37.8″(960mm)
- Ground clearance (ride height adjusted) 5.9″(150mm)
- Brakes — Choose between drum brakes, which are weather sealed and give a softer stop, in 70mm or beefed up 90mm size, or disk brakes, which stop harder and generally easier to find parts for. Disk brakes are available as either mechanical (cable actuated), which are easier to work on, or hydraulic, which stop better but are more expensive and expensive to have serviced.
- Rear gearing — Choose between standard rear derailer, 3-speed hub with rear derailer (for super wide-range gearing), 8-speed Alfine hub, or wide ranging, fabulously engineered, rugged and ferociously expensive 14-speed Rohloff Speedhub.
- Shifters — Bar end shifters are available, depending on other choices. We can install other styles of shifters too.
- Crankset & Front Derailer — A selection of crank arm lengths, quality levels and chainring sizes are available depending on your needs. Front derailers are matched to the crankset.
- Parking Brake — Choose no parking brake, simple Velcro straps, or a third brake on the rear wheel with a special lever. Locking brake levers are available through us.
- Tyres — British trikes all come with tyres, not tires. A wide selection of Schwalbe tires are available, from long-wearing to fast to puncture resistant.
Back to Product page
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
There are no reviews yet.